Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Passport Arrived!

Whew!  That was close!
Today my passport came!

So, the story goes that when I went to get my passport with my kids in April, the woman working at the post office would not accept my birth certificate because it was torn.

She told me I would need to apply for a new one.  Easy enough if you are born in the US.  I was not and had to apply for a birth certificate from the UK.

Which by the way has still not arrived.

About 3 weeks ago, I called the Department of State and told them my situation.  They told me to go back to the post office and tell the clerk to accept my birth certificate or even try another post office.

So, I did.

And they took it.

And it came in 1 1/2 weeks.

Kinda wish I had saved myself all that worry in waiting for my birth certificate and just tried another post office from the beginning.  But who knows, maybe the process of my birth certificate helped speed up the process.

Whatever happened - it's here now!  And I'm going to Belize with the rest of my family - yay!!!

Keith and I also got our shots today - ouch!  :)

So, that's it - final preparations with our team and away we go in less than 3 weeks.  I almost cannot believe it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment